By: Brian Kendall
Celebrate the Royal Wedding with these Festive Mini Chicken Quiches
photography by Gina Propp Realife Photography Food
We can hear the bells! On May 19, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will tie the knot at St. George’s Chapel — and people around the world will celebrate accordingly. Whether you’re having friends over to watch the ceremonies or simply want to give the royal wedding a nod from your kitchen, these mini chicken quiches are for you.
Delicious mini quiches are a party staple throughout England. Their “finger food” sizing makes them perfect for afternoon tea, or for use as an impressive appetizer. Our mini chicken quiches are the perfect mix of savory and sweet, with fresh herbs running the show. Close your eyes and imagine yourself in the English countryside.
Mini Roasted Chicken Quiches
Ingredients for Filling:
- About 1 cup chopped roasted chicken (can buy at the store)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped chive
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 15 pre-made mini fillo cups
Huckleberry Gastrique Topping:
- 1 cup frozen huckleberries
- 1/2 cup cherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Peel of one orange
Directions: Put all ingredients in a pot on the stovetop and reduce by half, or simmer until it thickens. Set aside.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whip cream and eggs together until combined well.
3. Add ricotta cheese, herbs, salt, pepper and chicken to the mix.
4. Divide mixture evenly into each filo cup, about 3/4 full.
5. Place filo cups on a non-stick baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
When ready to serve, top the mini quiches with the huckleberry gastrique and extra chopped parsley. Drizzle some of the gastrique on the plate for an extra flare, and serve on a wedding-worthy platter or beautiful cutting board.
If you don’t have time to cook or want to relax like a royal, the Savor Culinary Services summer catering menu offers crown-worthy mini quiches for easy delivery. To learn more about the boutique catering services, click here. Pinkies up!