By: Jenny B. Davis
By: Malcolm Mayhew
Regardless if you attended Texas Christian University or not, Fort Worth bleeds purple with Frog fever! Our home town college is a pretty big deal around here, if you haven't noticed. In addition to the athletic department ripping all other Big Twelve schools a new one, the TCU College of Fine Arts is a major game player too.
The Fine Arts department contributes greatly to the thriving culture of our city by providing highly trained professionals. TCU’s graduates are found in our art museums, theatres, musical arts organizations, local arts councils, interior design studios, graphic design agencies and all types of theatrical design businesses across Fort Worth and the metroplex.
TCU grads are also teaching our children about the arts in our public and private schools ensuring the arts continue to thrive from one generation to the next. The cultural life of our entire city is enriched by the contributions of TCU’s Fine Arts graduates.
On Thursday, December 4th, The TCU College of Fine Arts will host their seventh biennial Gala. Each event has provided important resources to enhance the education of their students, with a cumulative total now approaching $2 million. This Gala is a celebration of the talented students, their professionalism and creativity.
Here's a list of the heavy hitters who have made this event the best one yet! Do yourself and our city a favor, if you know someone on either of these lists below, please make a donation in their honor. TCU will thank you, and so will our city.
Now that your pallet is all wet and you're ready to party, here are the details to get your purple groove on for this TOADally awesome Gala! Call Joni Staldt at 817-257-ARTS to purchase your tickets.
Besides raising money through ticket sales, there will be an incredible live and silent auction, that just so happens to be one of the best collections of donated items I've seen in a long time. There are several items and trips I have my eye on, but this Cinco Vodka Martini Party might be the perfect experience for me and 50 of my favorite peeps! Lord knows I love anything with 5 STARS on it! The only way you can bid on these one of a kind packages, is by attending the event. You can view the entire auction catalog HERE!
The 2012 Fine Arts Gala helped students in the following ways:
• The School of Art used its funds to bring thought-provoking exhibitions to its Moudy and Fort Worth Contemporary Art galleries.
• The School for Classical & Contemporary Dance purchased state-of-the-art physical therapy equipment. This facilitated a partnership with Texas Health/Ben Hogan Sports Medicine allowing our dance majors to have on-site access to licensed physical therapists and athletic trainers on a daily basis, free of charge. This service places TCU in an elite position among conservatory dance programs in the country.
• The Department of Interior Design and Merchandising purchased a dozen iPads for student use during their summer educational programs in Florence and New York. Funds also supported the interior design senior exhibition as well as expenses associated with internships in New York City, Chicago, and Houston.
• The School of Music used a portion of their funds to send the TCU Symphonic Band to perform at the College Band Directors National Association Convention in Fayetteville, Arkansas in 2013.
• The Theatre Department was able to institute and underwrite an annual New York BFA Showcase, in which our graduating seniors in Acting and Musical Theatre can display their talents for New York agents and casting directors.
If you can't attend this purple wonderland Gala, now is a good time to bust out that check book and scroll a nice fat number on it and send it to:
TCU Fine Arts Gala
Attn: Joni Staldt
TCU Box 298000
Fort Worth, Texas 76129
for questions call 817-257-ARTS
So Fort Worth It GIVEAWAY!!!!
Are you and your significant other/bestie ready for a night out with TONS of Five Star Cinco Vodka? This giveaway includes a custom gift basket with 2 bottles of Cinco Vodka of San Antonio, two caps, two t-shirts, two decks for playing cards and two mini's. I’m drawing ONE winner Tuesday, December 2nd at NOON. Please read the OFFICIAL RULES below for details and restrictions.
Don't forget to subscribe via email below. I'm brewing up a VERY SPECIAL giveaway slated for January. The ONLY way you can win is being subscribed to my blog though email. I promise, you won't want to miss this!
By: Jenny B. Davis
By: Malcolm Mayhew