What an incredibly LONG summer our family just had. Just when I thought all was going to slow down as soon as school got out, I was sorely mistaken. This summer was probably one of the busiest on record for us, and I didn't even get a chance to pass GO, or collect $200! With that said, this sums up my feelings about our summer break:
And to top it all off? This is what I did Wednesday while the kids were back in school on the 1st day. I took a big fat bubble bath right in the middle of the afternoon with Ellen DeGeneres...and she didn't mind at all! The house was quiet as a mouse. Heavenly at best!
Now for the best part! School is FINALLY in session and it's time to celebrate in true style. LEGO KidsFest is coming to the Dallas Convention Center August 29-31st (Labor Day weekend). This interactive THREE ACRE extravaganza features millions of LEGO bricks, offers hands-on building, creative experiences, life-sized LEGO models, and one-of-a-kind activities for children of all ages and builders of all skills and levels.
“Any family who likes to be inspired, get hands-on and have fun together won’t want to miss LEGO KidsFest,” said Vince Rubino, LEGO events manager. “We’re bringing so many activities for Dallas-area families to showcase their creativity and building skills in what is sure to be a family event to remember.”
Some fun activities include:
• LEGO Model Gallery: dozens of life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
• Race Ramps: build a custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
• LEGO Chima: choose a tribe and test battling skills with the whole family
• LEGO Star Wars™: build and display a Star Wars model
• Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
• LEGO DUPLO®: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
• Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
• Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color to foster group creativity
• LEGO Friends: build for the five empowered friends from Heartlake City
• LEGO Mindstorms: build and program robots and snakes
• LEGO City: using the imagination to create buildings and vehicles to the urban diorama
One of the most exciting activities at the LEGO extravaganza is the LEGO Club & Master Builder Academy. This awesome workshop offers the opportunity for attendees to learn from two of only seven master builders in North America! Master Builders Steve Gerling and Dan Steininger will be conducting workshops to teach attendees to be better builders. These workshops, as well as all activities are included in the price of admission!
And check this out! Dan was the Master Builder who assembled the LEGO model of Cook Children's Medical Center for the hospital. If you haven't seen this incredible architectural structure before, head on over there...it's open to the public.
So pack up the kids and head to Dallas for the perfect ending to a great summer! Tickets are $22 for Adults, $20 for Children and 2 and under are free. Just a little FYI, this event has sold out every time it comes to Texas, so get your tickets HERE right now!
And thank you MATT HILEY for a little inspiration! I'm sure we can all relate, especially to this:
So Fort Worth It BLOG GIVEAWAY!!!
Get your creativity on! One lucky winner will be drawn to win FOUR TICKETS to the great LEGO palooza! You can take your family to experience the ultimate in creation! Not only that, Potbelly Sandwich Shop in Chapel Hill will fill your belly with LUNCH FOR FOUR and Mama's Pizza is giving you TWO LARGE PIZZAS of your choice. Plus, I'm personally giving away 2 Lego sets to go with this super fun family package! Drawing to be held on Thursday, August 28th at NOON! (Please read the official rules for details so you don’t miss out)
Love what you read? I would LOVE to hear from you in the comment section below!