Surely there was a collective Fort Worth rejoice when PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet was announced as the Pantone 2018 Color of the Year in January. No, it’s not an exact match to Horned Frog purple (which is Pantone PMS 268), but the hue, with the ideal amount of blue, comes pretty darn close. Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, describes it as “a blue-based purple that takes our awareness and potential to a higher level.”
The Pantone team also addressed Ultra Violet’s influence on home décor, suggesting that it can transform a room and make a statement in any space — from traditional and elegant to unexpectedly bold.
These purple-hued products will have you decorating in 2018 with your color palette on point.
(MAIN) Purple Faux Allium, $4.95, CB2, cb2.com
(1) Patchwork 48 X 30 Oil on Canvas by Amy Young, $3,300, Park + Eighth, 1612 Park Place Ave.
(2) Purple Overdyed Patchwork Rug (5’9” X 3’9”), $226.80, The Orient Bazaar, theorientbazaar.com
(3) Large Purple Pendant Light Chandelier, $689, Hangout Lighting, houzz.com
(4) Lilac Burnside Buffalo Check Fabric, $65/yard, Caitlin Wilson, caitlinwilson.com
(5) Vintage Scandinavian Bentwood Rocking Horse, $135, Blu Dot Vintage on Chairish, chairish.com
(6) Jack Tuxedo Sofa, $1,112, Jennifer Taylor Home, jennifertaylorhome.com
(7) Purple and Black 24" x 24" Down-Filled Pillow, $600/pair, Park + Eighth, 1612 Park Place Ave.
(8) The Fashion Book, $39.95, Phaidon Press, nordstrom.com
(9) Stripes Turkish Towel, $22.50, Olive & Linen, oliveandlinen.com